In Zurich, too, various coronavirus measures remain in force. Despite this, the city is slowly returning to a degree of normality. If you take care when you are out and about, you can still enjoy Zurich in all its many facets.
From Mai 31, 2021, the following precautionary measures apply:
- Events without an audience are allowed with a maximum of 50 participants and an appropriate protection concept.
- Events with an audience are permitted indoors with a maximum of 100 attendees and outdoors with a maximum of 300 attendees. Precautionary measures must be implemented for all events.
- For events for family and friends in closed spaces, a maximum of 30 people are permitted. For gatherings in open areas, the maximum number is limited to 50.
- Restaurant and bars may open again their indoor spaces. A maximum of 4 persons are allowed per table inside and 6 persons in the outdoor seating areas.
- Spa and thermal baths are open again.
- In movie theaters and theaters, a maximum of 100 people are allowed. Masks must be worn at all times and the consumption of food and drink is prohibited.
- Nightclubs remain closed.
- Museums and stores, as well as sports and leisure facilities, zoos, and botanical gardens are open.
- Face masks are compulsory on all forms of public transportation, in all indoor spaces, and in busy pedestrian zones. In addition, wearing a mask is mandatory when the required distance cannot be maintained.
- You can find further information on the website of the Federal Office of Public Health and of the Canton Zurich Department of Health.
Switzerland has an excellent health system. Covid-19 tests can be carried out in hospitals, medical practices, and pharmacies, or directly at the airport. We have listed a selection of options for you here if you require a PCR test for the return journey to your home country.
The opening times of stores, service providers, and institutions in Zurich vary. It is therefore advisable to contact the respective establishment in advance.
Information relating to entry restrictions and stay regulations can be obtained from the State Secretariat for Migration SEM.